Course Creation Process
Our course creation process is based on the ADDIE model – Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation – as well as agile project management strategies.
Each module or unit will move through the following steps as soon as it is ready, so the content continues to be designed & developed simultaneously. ie. Our developer will be creating Module 1 while our instructional designer has Module 2 well underway…
As a result, we’re able to create high quality modules in record time.
1 module = 1-2 weeks.
Analysis & Planning
- Needs Analysis: Target Audience, Skills & Output Goals
- Course Outline & Storyboard: Learning Outcomes, Topics, Activities
- Establish SME relationships including workflow, templates, tracking systems & timelines
- Instructional Design review for submitted content- clarity, consistency, alignment, engagement & feedback
- Multimedia sourcing for visual appeal & content enhancement
- Incorporation of inclusion and diversity principles
- Module/Unit creation in rapid authoring software: HTML, Storyline 360, Rise, Pressbooks, etc.
- Multimedia Creation: custom graphics, videos, copyright compliance
- Accessibility: AODA & WCAG 2.0 compliant components
QA & Sign-Off
- Quality Matters review
- Functionality review
- Alpha & beta testing
- Stakeholder review & sign-off
Implement & Evaluate
- Prepare course files for LMS implementation: SCORM, xAPI, AICC
- Finalize Supplementary Resources: Instructor’s Guide, Learner Instructions
- Develop Course/Training Evaluation Survey